Wednesday, May 06, 2009

hardcore

I actually just wrote this all in my head while sitting outside on my patio listening to sigur ros and jets to brazil. somehow im gonna try and get it all down from my head.

This past weekend I went to Chicago. The excuse was the Burning Fight book release/music fest. The real reason wasnt just music for me. The music was honestly the catalyst. Dont get me wrong the music was a primary factor but I need to get away. I went to see friends, live up to my traveling every other month idea, attempt to find some sort of inspiration (this failed), see a city i once had a shit time in, and a failed clinging of hope.
Unbroken reunited for the Burning Fight book release. Ill post aboot the book someday. Alongside Unbroken were 108, Trial, Bane, Converge, Guilt, Disembodied, Reach the Sky, and many more. Some of these bands I did see in the 90s or at some point while others like 108 and Unbroken, it was damn good to finally see them. Loved both bands for a long time and to finally see them grace a stage brought back nostalgia of days gone.
Surrounded by 1100 hardcore "kids" was good. I use kids in the most unattached way possibly since most of the people there were over 30 but most were still edge and even vegan (yup im still both and dont give a fuck what others do nor think).
Friends of mine from Seattle, Atlanta, San Fran, Louisville, and many other places flew/drove into this even and damn it was good to see them all. What more than likely brought us to be friends in the first place brought us back together.
Lots of smiles, hugs, laughs, music, food, and remembering times while making new ones. This was I guess the reason I really went.
This sounded better in my head, but i dont speak well nor write welll, so i dont really care.


Unbroken


BANE


some of my friends


more on flickr

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is what it is about dude!
You are a good dude Brad.

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home