Tuesday, February 03, 2009

vids that made me think

I keep listening to Frightened Rabbit. love this damn band! I was watching their video for Head Rolls Off fromlast year. ITs funny, it takes place in a kid's classroom with the kids. reminded me of someone that i knew/know. She teaches at a school like this with little kids (i think Conan o brian's daughter?). anyway she is an assistantteacher and would teach the kids aboot star wars and music and cool shit like that. Nothing like teaching lil ones the good stuff early on!!! I can totally see this in her classroom.




Today the Bonnaroo 09 list leaked. I care aboot Girl talk-the beastie boys-the decemberists-snoop and a few others but for th emost part id only go free again. who wants too hook me up with tix???
so that got me watching a video.
Last year for the 2nd year in a row nick and i scored free tix to the roo, but last year was a must to see Sigur Ros! they went on at midnight and we started waiting at 9:30. The people who were fans knew what to anticipate, but the noobs to this great band had no idea. When we got there so early, already 1000 people were under a tent. as time grew on thousands more arrived. The original fans kept yelling for everyone to sit, but trying to get thousands upon thousands of people to sit that have no idea what this band sounds like was very difficult. Yes sigur ros is a band that needs to be absorbed and sitting in the dirt and grass would beperfect, but dumbass people think they are at a stadium rock show so they squashed that idea and crowded us sitting and the stage.
anyway, the heat, the hippies, the idiots, the bad bands, were worth it to see one of the top 3 bands of my lifetime.
and here is a piece of the show

Sigur ros at the roo

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every kid deserves to be shown Star Wars!!!
I like this rabbit band and you can never go wrong with Sigur Ros.

xMikex

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home