Monday, March 10, 2008

New feature. Weekly Music Plug


Ok recently, One or the PeEs asked to do a music review. To plug albums that most here may not know of. Now for those that dont know, there are a few people that send in shit to this blog and they are collectivly known as the PeEs. Now I am not writing these music reviews, the PeEs are. so here is the first which may be many more to come.

"Whats up Ladies and Dude types. I will be doing music plugs every week or so. Now these are not reviews, these are plugs. So you will not see record bashing only hype and kudos in these weekly posts. Now on to the pudding.
I'm writing this on my lap top from the Nashville hipster central mecca known as East-Nasty. Yes, I am currently in the Williamsburg of Nashville. Why am I in Hipster central? Well because I was supposed to have a study group with some classmates, and I failed to set my clock properly, thus by the time I got here they had disbanded. Now I am sitting in this hipster filled fuckfest doing something I had planned to do for months.
I bring you a band with a goth name but non goth music aka VAMPIRE WEEKEND
Get ready this NY band kicked it on SNL recently and I missed it, now get ready for this pseudo indie pop. I mean this band is the definition of what "college" rock used to be like. I can imagine this band opening for the pixies and countless Chapel Hill bands. Actually it is fitting im in Nashville's Wburg because I think this band is from there too. Now the jangly guitars and simple almost 50's and 60's throwback might make Nashville Muzac snobs think the Strokes and bullshit like that, but the Strokes are crap and Vampire Weekend rocks it.
There you have it!
Link it suckas
http://www.myspace.com/vampireweekend

Brad's friend that he dubs a PeE"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i cant get into it

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home