Tuesday, June 17, 2008

my take on the roo


Once again i went to bonnaroo in manchester, tn. my cohort who is usually down for my occurances, nick, went with me again and had one helluva time in hippie-ville.

here is the rundown. basically what can you anticipate in june on a 700 acre farmland? the sun, heat, sweat, boobs, more nudity, douchebags, great music, and good times.now i didnt list great food because well it is sub par. one would think a hippie like fest would have soooo much vegan fare, right? well it is there but not that damn great. i can make better. so anyway. ill discuss the things now

1. the crowd.
well i people watch like crazy. yeah there was all kinds of nudity and crap but hey thats fun, but also looking and laughing at douchenozzles is too. like the tards falling over, wearing airbrushed "boner-roo" shirts, guys with pumpkins or watermellons on their heads, stupid straw hats, guys wearing a hoodie a no shirt on underneath in 90 degree weather, people in flops stepping in 5 inches of mud and then they are shocked they got their clothes dirty or slipped, guys that think it is cool to rock 3d glasses at night, and so on. oh and the the guys blitzed out of their mind asking me if they knew me.. nope i only know the high fiving baby at the main stage.

2. Friends.
Nick, is a great person to tag along with because he doesnt bitch that much. yeah its hot, yeah there is a wait, yeah we stand alot, but damn it you go into this thing knowing that. plus he puts up with me watching M.I.A. and he hols his thoughts until im ready to roll out. anyway, I ran into old home slice Lindsey there who I havent seen since the last Roo a year ago. She was performing with the cabaret troop and doing trapeez. i caught her in the parade, walking on stilts, and her trapeez show. My pics sucked that i took of her so im not gona post. so it was damn good to see her tiny self prancing about. Michelle was in from Chicago to take pics and see the show. she snappe done of the Olson twins and actually just sold it to People Magazine, but she wont tell me how much per the contract. It was good to see her since its been since the holidays when she stayed at my house. Will and formomo were there doing their thing, and this is the first time ive ever actually spoke to Nick's friend will. good bloke i say. Lady Shannon and Coral were working a booth and only got to see them for a sec which sucks. I miss my shannon vick and I have only met coral a couple o times. alas, I didnt get to see Audrey this time which blows, but I know she was busy working.

Bands:
well here is the 411 on the bands I saw
M.I.A. - i liked it for the most part. its just house music to me and i dig some of it. yeah some of it. I didnt understand what she said by last show and kicking her out. now I know.

Chris rock- Holy crap!!!!! the rock was just as good as he was years ago when I saw hime. 100% new material of the adult nature that had me laughing. Which If you know me, I dont laugh often (as what jessicasays but i am getting better). I would pay money again to see him in an instant

Metallica - good and not good. they seemed ot be there for the $$$ to me. they said bullshit on stage and were just lame. the crowd seemed to get that vibe too. i dont give a crap aboot them now. Hetfield has lost it

Against Me - Badass as always. they put on a great show and never fail to rock

Mastadon - I just cant get into them too much. I dunno why. the drums are sick as hell but i just start to drift when i hear them

Gogolbordello - what can i say, IT WAS FUN but in the sun waaaaay too much. They are odd and deserve the bigger stage but it was kind of distracting and i was so far away i couldnt enjoy. i mostly just watched my friend do stilt walking.

cat power- ok i dig Chan but damn she needs to be in a lounge or bar doing her thing NOT in front of 40K people in the afternoon! i mean it woul dbe better if i was at a table with tea and dim lights

iron and wine - not bad what i saw. i only dg the REALLY slow stuff tho so ehh

Pearl Jam - ok PJ came out and rocked. they seriously blew me away. it wa slike 15 years ago. the were genuine and humble and totally there to play for the people. Eddie Vedder talked about how good cat power and jack johnson were. They played a ton of their catalog and were top notch performers. This is what music is about not some bullshit lars ulrich style. and I would see them tomorrow if they played again



Sigur ros - Well FUCKING HELL THIS WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
can you tell how stoked i was? I mean 1am-3am was just mesmorzing. horn sections the girls on strings. sooo much going on!!!! just look at photos below


BIG BIG PROPS AND THANK YOUS GO OUT TO STACI MYERS FOR MY FREE TICKET THIS YEAR THAAAAAAAAAAAAANK YOU AND TO THE SWORD












SIGUR ROS




















MASTADON



















WTF JESUS FEET?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home