Monday, April 21, 2008

Animation at the Nash Film Fest


I checked out the ANIMATED EXPRESSIONS I at the Nashville Film Fest this weekend. All and all it was good. tickets are too $$$ imo, but it pays to have hookups I guess. anyway, the Animated expressions I was the more "adult" themed of the two and rightfully so with Teat Beat of Sex (Signe Baumane, USA 2007, 4 min.) is a shocking take on sex from a woman's point of view. and In A Letter to Colleen, (Carolyn & Andy London, USA 2007, 9 min.) Andy, who has been haunted by the events of his eighteenth birthday for years, attempts to put his demons to rest.
By far the best of all the animated shorts was A curious nun ventures into the darker side of her animated world in Lapsus, Juan Pablo Zaramella, Argentina 2007, 4 min.). This short ruled and I kinda wanna see it a few more times. Also my second fav was Michelle Meeker's When I Grow Up (USA 2007, 7 min.) juxtaposes the boundless ambition of youthful expectations with the unpredictable- and sometimes tragic -realities we end up living. An international team of 12 artists each bring their unique visions to a series of interviews with children and elders. I encourage all to go check out the other showing of Animation and all of the film fest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home